Do you have a family center in your home? A central spot for all the homework, book bags, permission slips, chore charts? I’m starting to get the family organized for back to school and one of my biggest priorities this year is to make a family center.
I really want to make my own. There are some pretty “kits” out there, but I want to manage specific things and none of those kits work just right.
So I’ve rounded up the items that I plan to use to build our family center. A place for all that paper… all those homework sheets… all the teacher letters… this past year got way out of control. And for a woman that doesn’t like clutter on her fridge… there was too much clutter on my fridge! A few pieces of art from the kids, lovely… a million sheets of paper, not so much.
- Clock to keep you on time from IKEA
- Teal month calendar view from Pottery Barn
- Shaped cork board from Kohl’s
- Magnetic board from IKEA
- Chevron magnets from Pickwick to Pemberley
- Affirmation wall décor (this one from Courtney Warren Create is a note card, but there are others in vinyl on Etsy like the ones from Inspirations By Amanda)
- Child chore chart from Christina Williams on Etsy
- Colorful open trays from The Container Store
- Colorful pull drawers (for those like me that want to hide the mess!) from The Container Store
- Rail from IKEA
- Galvanized buckets from IKEA
- S Hooks from IKEA
- Wire organization bins from Pottery Barn
I’ll be building my new family center over the next few weeks and I’ll share once done.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Join The Celebration Shoppe on facebook, sign-up for the daily ideas to come right to your inbox (never miss an idea, giveaway or free printable!), connect with Kim on twitter, pinterest and on instagram. And don’t forget to shop the party store for birthday, baby shower and holiday party supplies. Oh, and now you can follow the blog with Bloglovin too!