With spring here and Easter just around the corner, this weekend I whipped up some pretty and super easy butterfly cupcakes for the family.
Every year I plant lantanas in my front flower beds. When I was a child in Alabama my grandmother had a variety of lantanas all around her yard and lining her drive. They were beautiful AND they attracted butterflies! Little yellow and white butterflies… so dainty and fragile. I can’t wait for them to arrive this summer.
So in honor of spring I decided to make some simple butterfly cupcakes in five easy decorating steps:
- Ice – coat cupcakes with white icing.
- Dip – dip and roll cupcake tops in yellow sugar, coating the cupcake all over.
- Wing it – add two yogurt or chocolate covered pretzels for the wings. These are lemon yogurt. YUM!
- Body – using pearl yellow sixlets, create a segmented body with four candies.
- Antennae- add two small chocolate sprinkles for the antennae. I prefer using tweezers so I don’t destroy the icing.
Tip: For perfect color on your cupcake wrappers, bake in white wrappers and once cooled set inside pattern or colored wrappers.
Plus, these pretty little cupcakes are perfect for my bugs, bees and butterflies party supplies that I shared on Friday.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Join The Celebration Shoppe on facebook, sign-up for the daily ideas to come right to your inbox (never miss an idea, giveaway or free printable!), connect with Kim on twitter, pinterest and on instagram. And don’t forget to shop the party store for birthday, baby shower and holiday party supplies. Oh, and now you can follow the blog with Bloglovin too! Hope to see you around!