Let’s make a Halloween sign for your entryway, like this Sit A Spell sign I made for my mudroom! Plus, I’m going to tell you why you want the new Cricut EasyPress 2.
You all know how much I love a good iron-on craft. Oh I do. And I LOVE a great home decor project, especially if I can save a fortune and make my house look cohesive and well put together. Honestly this is one of the reasons I love my Cricut and EasyPress 2 so very much.
No matter when I bought it, last year or five years ago, I can make something that matches it.
For this little spot, I bought the bench seven years ago, made the pillow four years ago, bought the spider frame three years ago, the burlap frame two years ago, and the broom and the canvas are this years’! Don’t they all look lovely together!
Why You Want The Cricut EasyPress 2
There are an entire list of reasons, but my absolute number one reason I need a Cricut EasyPress 2 is that I love the things I create. And there is nothing more disheartening to find that it has peeled away in the washer or dryer. I never want to go to my son’s football game with part of his jersey number on my tee, flapping in the breeze again. With the EasyPress 2 I’m confident that wash after wash my game day shirt will look great!
- Sizes – I love that you can purchase more than one size, 6″x7″, 9″x9″, and 12″x10″). I had the original EasyPress and it was great, but I always wished it was a tad larger to get canvas totes and wall canvas in one press. There is also the mini, 6″x7″, that is perfect for onesies, napkins, clutches, all those little projects in your life!
- Professional adhesion – you get perfect iron-on success in 60 seconds or less – love how quick this machine is!
- Easy – it’s as simple as a few buttons, heat and time. Just make sure you use the Quick Reference Guide to know exactly what your setting should be from project to project based on iron-on material and your medium. Plus, it tells you when to peel, warm or cool.
- Ceramic-coated heat plate – what does this mean? It means dry, even heat for flawless transfers every time!
- Heat – this machine controls a precise temperature up to 400 F
- Safety base – it comes with an insulated base to protect your machine and your work surface while you craft.
- Firmware updates – it’s as easy as a USB port just like all your other devices. Gotta love easy!
Supplies For The Sit A Spell Halloween Sign
- Cricut Maker
- EasyPress 2, size 12″x10″ (see all 3 sizes)
- Cricut Design Space Project
- Black glitter Iron on
- Purple Foil Iron on
- Weeding Tool
- Standard Cutting Mat
- EasyPress Mat
- BrightPad (for weeding)
How To Make The Sit A Spell Halloween Sign
- Design Space & Sizing Project – open my Design Space project and size it to your canvas. Mine is 12″x36.”
- Cut & Weed – the Maker and Design Space make it so simple to save on cutting materials. Depending on the size of your project, make sure you try to consolidate mats if you can. Just click on the three dots at the top of the mat view and you can move mats. For instance, I moved my small spider web to the mat with the larger web to save myself some black glitter iron-on! ;)
- EasyPress 2 & Heat Setting – because my project is canvas in the frame, I chose to use a towel under the canvas instead of the EasyPress mat this time because it wouldn’t fit, but I LOVE the mats. They protect any surface! Once you have the project measured and placed where you want it on the canvas, look at the Quick Reference Guide to make sure you have the right heat and duration. Pay close attention to whether your material should be warm or cool when you peel as well. For my project, the glitter should be peeled warm, but the foil should be peeled cool.
This is just one idea for your Cricut EasyPress 2 and lovely home project ideas! I’m making more Halloween and then I’m on to Christmas! YAY!
More Cricut Crafts
- 10 Cricut Tools And Materials I Love And What I Craft With Them
- Blessed SVG – Christian Coffee Mug
- How To Make A Unicorn Tee (Video Tutorial)
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Thank you for supporting my wonderful sponsors. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way! Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.