Let’s make easy Halloween embroidery hoops!
Embroidery hoops are making a come back! I used them when I was a kid when I would cross-stitch with my grandmother, now I’m putting pretty fabrics in them and hanging them on my wall. It’s a lot easier! This DIY Halloween embroidery hoop craft is a simple and inexpensive way to decorate your home for Halloween!
For Halloween I created some super easy black and orange glitter designs on burlap for my entryway.
Supplies For Easy Halloween Embroidery Hoops
- Black burlap
- Halloween stencils (these are Martha Stewart Holiday Stencils)
- Pearl white and orange craft paint
- Silver glitter
- Wooden hoops
- Orange spray paint
- Optional: Wax paper for easy cleanup
How To Make Halloween Embroidery Hoops
- Paint Hoops – Hang the wooden hoops from a branch (with a drop cloth underneath), spray paint, and allow to dry.
- Place Fabric – Cut the burlap into a square, center hoop, set and pull edges until about a half inch all the way around is frayed.
- Stencil – Remove from hoop (you’ll be able to see the hoop ring marks), place stencil (with wax paper underneath burlap) and paint.
- Glitter – While still wet, glitter the design if you like.
- Hang – Place burlap back in hoops and hang.
More DIY Halloween Projects
- DIY Jack-O-Lantern Candy Jar
- DIY Embroidery Hoop Pumpkins & Jack-O-Lanterns
- 20 No-Carve Pumpkin Ideas
- Drink If You Dare Halloween Party with Jack-O-Lantern Cooler
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Easy DIY Halloween Embroidery Hoop Craft seen first on The Celebration Shoppe.