Father’s Day is almost here. Looking for a fun crafted Father’s Day card? I whipped up a few designs with a fishing theme this year. My dad and my hubby are very much fishermen and the kids wanted to give them both fishing related gifts. Now they have the perfect cards to craft!
You’ve got this grandpa thing down (I have a dad version too) HOOK LINE & SINKER. I love a good pun!
Yesterday I shared this same pun on fish shaped cards with a DIY fishing pole, today’s version is a bit more like a traditional card. Although, we’ll be using it as a tackle box label! I have three Father’s Day designs with both dad and grandpa versions and they’re all super easy to assemble with Elmer’s Glue All and/or Elmer’s Foam Adhesive Strips. This is idea #2.
Craft Supplies for Father’s Day Gift Tag
For this easy Father’s Day gift tag craft, you only need a few things.
- Elmer’s Foam Mounting Tape
- Free Printable Hook Line & Sinker Tackle Box Label | Kim Byers
- Optional: Elmer’s Glue All (for attaching to box, or use the tape for easy removal)
One of the things I love about using the Elmer’s Adhesive Tape is that I can cut the size I need. For layered paper crafts like this Father’s Day card, some of the foam, like behind the flying fish, needs to be super small. With the tape I can trim tiny pieces to fit!
Easy How To Instructions
- Print – download and print my Hook Line & Sinker Tackle Box Label. I recommend a #100lb. white cardstock.
- Cut and Glue – trim out each element. If the waves get tricky, just snip them off. The card is still super fun.
- Sign – sign the card so dad knows who his gift is from!
- Attach – using Elmer’s Glue All or Adhesive Tape, attach the layered Hook Line & Sinker label to the tackle box.
Download Free Printable Gift Tags
I also make a You Are O-Fish-Ally A Wonderful Dad and Grandpa. Download those versions now too!
More of my Elmer’s Craft Ideas
- Father’s Day Paper Crafts With Elmer’s – Hook Line & Sinker Fish Gift Tags
- Frankenstein Pallet For The Front Porch
- DIY Emoji Ghost Costume
- Sewing Room Organization With Jars
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate! And don’t forget, more easy kid Father’s Day crafts with Elmer’s tomorrow.
This easy Father’s Day idea is sponsored by Elmer’s. Thank you for supporting my wonderful sponsors. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way! This post may include affiliate links.
Easy Father’s Day Card & Tackle Box Label seen first on The Celebration Shoppe.