So I guess it is obvious that I have Spring fever. I absolutely love this idea, not necessarily the cupcake design though. Here’s a much cooler sunflower cupcake, but what I wanted to show you was the display. This idea is fabulous (courtesy domestic diva Martha Stewart) for our bugs and butterflies birthday theme. You’ll need:
- Three white cake plates, each slightly smaller than the other
- Small clear glass (tubular is best)
- Green crepe paper
- Small watering can
- Craft paper for the flower petals
And here’s how you do it:
- First cut leaf shapes out of the green crepe paper; you’re going to need 50 to 60 so that they overlap.
- Next stack your cake plates and using double stick tape apply your leaves so that they overlap slightly and hang off the edge.
- Taking the craft paper, a thick card stock would be best, cut out a flower petal shape with five petals. Using a bone folder, crease each petal, and with a hole punch, place a hole in the center of the petal and insert your sucker. (You may need to use a small dab of glue or tape to hold the petal in place on the sucker stick. Just make sure it is non-toxic.) Finally place your sucker flowers in the small watering can.
- Arrange your flower cupcakes and top with your fun watering can. DONE!