Do you love a great Halloween tradition? Me too! In recent years “booing” has become very popular. Have you been “boo’d” yet? Well if you’ve not seen it in your neighborhood, here’s your chance to get it started!
Booing is this super fun Halloween tradition where you pack up a a gift or two of candies, and surprise a neighbor (or friend or teacher… who said it has to be a neighborhood thing). The idea is that if you get “boo’d” you pass along the fun to others so it’s like a domino effect!
Here’s what you’ll need to create a “You’ve Been Boo’d” gift:
- Free Printable You’ve Been Boo’d Sign
- Photo paper or 100lb. cardstock
- Paper trimmer
- Scissors (small ones are great for tight spots!)
- Paper straw or dowel
- Cauldron, box or bag
And here are the simple DIY steps for this Halloween tradition:
- Print on photo paper (for sharp colors) or cardstock
- Trim out design and instruction card
- Tape sign to straw and insert in treat container
- Sneak over to a neighbor’s or friends and “boo” them! And remember to leave the instruction card!
It’s that easy!
I have lots of free Halloween printables and fun craft ideas planned for the blog. This free printable You’ve Been Boo’d sign is just the beginning. Here are some Halloween ideas from years past!
Free Candy Corn Halloween Party Collection (featured in Better Homes & Gardens Tricks & Treats Issue)
This googly eye candy bark recipe is perfect for Halloween night hot chocolate!
This is my favorite Halloween decoration to put out each year. The kids get such a kick out of counting down to the big day!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!