I have a thing for coffee. And if you have a thing for coffee too, I have the perfect DIY coffee mug for us. Good morning friends! Let’s get crafty and make a St. Patrick’s Day coffee mug that reads “Caffeine Is My Pot O’ Gold!”
Supplies For DIY Coffee Mug
To make this fun mug, you’ll need three things beside your machine:
- Gold Glitter Vinyl
- Black Vinyl
- Strong Grip Transfer Tape
- Cricut Explore Air or Air2
- Standard Mat
- Design (download below)
DIY Instructions For DIY Coffee Mug
- Design – in Design Space, load my design files. There are two so that you can have a two color design. Once loaded, insert into your project.
- Measure and Size- measure the area of the coffee mug where you’d like to apply the design and resize the image in Design Space.
- Cut Vinyl – I’m a saver of supplies so I like to cut my material before I place it on the mat. For this design, it was 2.5 x 2.5 inches in Design Space, so I cut the vinyl square at 3 x 3 just to be sure. Load mat, follow prompts and cut.
- Transfer Tape – strong grip tape makes these projects a cinch. Regular transfer tape works fine for the black vinyl, but you’ll have to have strong grip to pick up the glitter. Weed the design, apply transfer tape to the design, smooth and peel.
- Apply – the design will come right up on the transfer tape and it’s ready for you to apply to your mug! Just place, rub and peel slowly. Done!
Download Free Cricut Cut Files
More Cricut Craft Projects
- Makers Gonna Make Coffee Mug
- Monogram Rain Boots
- Beehive Hexagon Baby Shower Cupcake Toppers
- Buzzing Bee Scallop Placecards & Food Tents
- DIY Patriotic Invitations For All The Summer BBQs
Cricut Video Tutorials
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way! There are affiliate links in this post, of which we do earn a small fee at no cost to you. #KimByersforCricut #CricutExplore
St. Patrick’s Day Coffee Mug – Caffeine Is My Pot O’ Gold seen first on The Celebration Shoppe.