Valentine’s Day is almost here, and for me that means Valentine class parties and Rice Krispies Treats! They’re a family favorite and can be just as versatile as sugar cookies with the right cookie cutter. Let me show you how!
Supplies You’ll Need
- Wilton Heart Cookie Cutter (1” tall at least)
- Rice Crispies cereal
- Sprinkles, Wilton XOXO and Heart Shapes
- Icing Bottle, Wilton
- Lollipop sticks, Wilton
- Gusset Cello Bags, Wilton
- Wax paper
- Valentine Tags, Free Download
Yields: One recipe, per the box instructions, yields seven hearts
How To Make Rice Krispies Treats Hearts
- Make Rice Krispies Treats – Prepare Rice Krispies Treats per the box recipe. Butter cookie cutter and your hands. While treats are still hot, mold them in the cookie cutter on top of wax paper. After 10 seconds you can remove the cookie cutter and move on to the next treat.
- Cool – allow each treat to full cool, for at least 30 minutes.
- Decorate – pipe a small amount of icing onto the back of each sprinkle and apply.
- Lollipop sticks – insert lollipop sticks.
If you’re hosting a Valentine’s Day party or taking treats like these to a class party, I recommend you package them for easy sharing. Simply insert each Rice Krispies Treat into a gusset cello bag, tie and add a fun Valentine’s Day tag.
I designed these free Valentine’s Day printables with a fun little pun “My Heart Snap, Crackle and Pops For You!”
Just download the file, cut out the squares, punch a hole for the ribbon and done!
More Valentines Day Craft Ideas
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores!
This DIY project is sponsored by Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores. Thank you for supporting my wonderful sponsors. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!