Let’s make witch broom favors for Halloween with paper bags and sticks!
All of your guests can fly high, on a sugar hight that is, this Halloween with these fun and simple handmade broomstick party favors. I’m making them for our annual Halloween party and I know the kids are just going to LOVE them.
We’ll keep the candy a secret until the kids start to leave. I might add fun tags to the bags too. Maybe, thanks for flying over! LOVE a good pun and a great gift! Plus, the kids can help you make these!
Make sure you hop over to Martha Stewart for more Halloween favor bag ideas!
Supplies For Witch Broom Favors
- Two lunch-size paper bags (or mini bags if you can find them!)
- Small branch (you could use a wooden dowel from the hardware store if you don’t have access to branches, but you’ll lose some of the spooky appeal)
- Black twine
How To Make Witch Broom Favors
- Unfold one bag and push out its base (don’t tear the bottom like I did the first time) while folding in the left and right sides (see how)
- Using scissors (or a rotor cutter and quilters mat if you have them), cut the bag into thin strips, stopping short of the base
- Cut thin strips into the top inch of the second bag
- Open both bags, and place the second bag inside the shredded one and fill with candy
- Insert a small branch 1 to 1 ½ inches into the bag; cinch the top and secure it closed with black twine
More Halloween Craft Ideas
- Spider Web Halloween Treat Bags
- DIY Halloween Candy Jars
- Make A Pumpkin Witch’s Cauldron
- Chocolate Dipped Halloween Spoons
- DIY Trick or Treat Halloween Bag
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!