How much fun is this construction theme birthday cake?!
Lauren Kapeluck of Ellen Jay Events hosted a construction themed birthday party for her little guy and this cake is just one small detail, but it’s won my heart. So simple to make, but such an awesome display.
Supplies For Construction Theme Birthday Cake
- Chocolate Cake
- Crushed Chocolate Graham Crackers (dirt)
- Construction Toys
- Orange Cone Candles
- Resealable Plastic Bag
- Rolling Pin
How To Make A Construction Theme Birthday Cake
You can style this in less than five minutes, but you’ll have your guests talking all day. LOVE IT!
- Chocolate Cake – make it or buy it, but this is a simple double layer chocolate cake.
- Crushed Graham Crackers – put a pack of crackers in a resealable plastic bag, don’t seal, and roll the bag with a rolling pin until the crackers are crumbs.
- Toys – unpackage new toys and wash them very well in warm soapy water. (TIP: Give them a full day or more to dry so that drops of water don’t ruin your icing!) Fill loaders and dump trucks with “dirt.”
- Candles – place candles on top!
It doesn’t get any easier, or any cuter!
Shop This Construction Party Theme
Get all these cute products shipped right to your house. My preferred way to shop! ;) Just click on the images to see the shop and price. Most are available from Etsy and Amazon.
More Boy Birthday Party Ideas
- Construction Birthday Party (rest of this party!)
- Pirate Birthday Party
- Sports Birthday Party
- Camp Birthday Party
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through this post I will earn a small fee from the retailer at absolutely no cost to you. They pay me for bringing you to them and I use it to keep the craft room stocked and the coffee pot working! Don’t worry. All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!