Want a handmade Mother’s Day, or really any day, DIY card that doesn’t look handmade? I designed a new set of watercolor florals for my collection with Cricut that I hope you’ll love!
For this base card, I started with a eyelet scallop. This cut alone could be perfect for stationary. Just cut it out of white cardstock, maybe add your initials or name with the pen feature and you’ll never run out of cards when you want to correspond with friends! I’ll make one and photograph it just so you can see how pretty it will look! That’s what I love about Cricut… designs can be anything you can imagine!
Next I designed a collage of watercolor flowers that you can layer. If you’ve not used the print/cut feature in Cricut yet, now is the time! It’s really very easy. Here’s a quick video tutorial.
To make this card, you’ll need the following items and they’re all in the “MAKE IT NOW” project in Cricut Design Space:
- base eyelet card
- eyelet layer with floral stems and twirlies (yes, that is a technical term)
- watercolor flowers
- Size design – open Cricut Design Space and size your card, I suggest 5×7 or smaller if you’d like to cut your own envelopes
- Cut scallop elements – cut base card and top flap from white cardstock
- Cut envelope – cut envelope from either white cardstock or complementary color
- Print/Cut flowers – print and then cut florals from white cardstock or photo paper
- Cut – cut leaves from gold vellum
- Assemble – using glue dots, attach top scallop flap. Next, layer florals and leaves with foam adhesive dots
These flowers are not only perfect for card making, but embellishing other scrapbook projects too! I’ll share more tomorrow!
Make sure you hop over and have a look at all my Cricut projects in Design Space. And if you don’t have a Cricut Explore or Cricut Explore Air yet, consider it. For a pair of good scissors and few punches, you could own one!
More Mother’s Day Ideas:
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Make A Watercolor Art Floral Card seen first on The Celebration Shoppe.