I’ve mentioned before that my youngest son has severe milk allergies, so holidays can be tough when it comes to buying pre-packaged candy. With this in mind, I wanted to figure out how to make the carrot candy wrappers so that I could stuff them with jelly beans or gummy savors. (The picture shows M&Ms, which I’m sure my oldest will gladly devour!)
So here’s what you’ll need:
- Clear plastic cello bags
- Green felt
- Orange ribbon
- Glue gun
And here’s all you have to do:
- Taking a cello bag, fold it from the bottom to the right side and tack lightly (image of fold 1) with hot glue, and then again (image of fold 2). I hope the pics help!
- Fill your new carrot shape with candies.
- Tie the top of your bag off with ribbon.
- Cut a 3×3 square of green felt. Starting at one corner, cut strips about a ¼ wide to the center of the square.
- Wrap the square, with the green sprays out the top, around the top of cello bag, above the ribbon, and tack with hot glue.