Halloween is only a few short days away, but there’s still time to make this super simple Pull-A-Part Frankenstein Rice Krispies Treats cake.
You’ll only need a few things to make this Rice Krispies Treats cake:
- 16 Rice Krispies Treats
- White icing
- Green gel icing
- Food safe paint brush (available at craft stores in the bakery section)
- Black and green sour licorice
- Small cookies or peppermint patties
- Green fruit candies
- Food safe scissors
- Optional: Wax paper
- Paint – Tint white icing to a bright green color. Heat 1 tbsp. at a time in a microwave safe bowl for 8 seconds. Paint each square, filling in between Treats as you go.
- Hair – Cut black licorice into various lengths for hair and decorate top row of Treats. I used three lengths.
- Eyes – Place two small cookies or two small peppermint patty candies for eyes in second row.
- Eyebrows – cut two small pieces of green sour (covered in sugar) licorice and place above eyes in second row.
- Bolts – add three fruit candies to each side of cake, center of rows two and three, for bolts.
- Mouth – Cut a piece of black licorice the width of two Treats and place in the center of rows three and four.
My kids and I whipped this one up for our annual Halloween party. They loved decorating him and figuring out which candies work best. For your party, shake it up and put out a bunch of candies then let the kids get creative. Maybe even let them create mini versions on one Rice Krispies Treat!
Make sure you hop over to Kellogg’s Family Rewards for more great recipes!
Want more Halloween recipes and ideas?
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate! Happy Halloween!
Easy Frankenstein Halloween Pull-A-Part Rice Krispies Treats Cake seen first on The Celebration Shoppe.