This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Mars Wrigley Confectionery US, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #FlauntYourHaunt #MyHalloweenTrunkOrTreat #Collectivebias
Let’s talk easy Halloween trunk or treat ideas! I’m all about the kids and the candy, so my decorating style is a bit more sweet and spooky than creepy, although I do love a good spider and a lot of decorated pumpkins!
I’m excited to show you how my family flaunts our haunt over five fun and simple ideas to make your Halloween creative and stress-free! Halloween is not just a night, but a whole month of spooks and sweets!
If you’ve not already seen it, make sure you grab my Zombie Bingo Cards for a fun night of Halloween Games for Kids! It’s a scream!
Now on to five decorating tips for a simple and fun trunk or treat using some of my favorites, SKITTLES® ORIGINAL FUN SIZE® Candy and the Spooky Mix Chocolate Variety Stand-Up Pouch, it’s 150 pieces and the individual wrappers are Glow-In-The-Dark! Such a fun and creepy surprise for trick-or-treaters!
5 Decorating Tips For A Creative Halloween Trunk Or Treat
There are so many ways to decorate your Halloween trunk or treat, from sweet and spooky to downright creepy! These tips will help you no matter what your Halloween ideas are.
- Hang Fabric To Hide Car Interior – Using the hooks inside the back end of your SUV, van, or car, hand a small rope across the back of the trunk and secure. Fold coordinating fabric over the rope to hide the interior of your car. This will keep the trick-or-treaters eyes on your decorations and not your front dash. ;)
- Elevate Items To Fill Space and Add Interest – You can have darling decorations, but if it’s all the same height it will be difficult to see and enjoy. Add height with straw bales, baskets, wooden crates, etc.
- Add Height With Halloween Decor or Balloons – An affordable way to add volume to your trunk is with balloons. (Walmart sells helium tanks!) Whether it’s balloons or Halloween decor like my oversized spider, I strongly encourage adding height to your trunk.
- Use Multiple Candy Containers Showing Variety – More than one candy bowl is a great idea if you have more than one helper, expect large volumes of kids, want to show off variety. I personally like keeping my fruity candies, like SKITTLES® candies, separate from my chocolates. I find that the ghosts and goblins that trick-or-treat at my trunk usually have a favorite!
- Showcase Fun Signs To Invite Kids Over – Make it clear you’re open for business with fun Halloween signage. Large and small, it will draw the kids eyes and make your decor that much more interesting! DOWNLOAD my FREE printable trunk or treat signs below!
Download FREE Trunk or Treat Signs
To help you get started decorating, I designed four trunk or treat signs for you. Actually five signs, since I have two “this way” signs with the arrows pointing left and right. :) I want you to be covered!
I recommend printing your trunk or treat signs on 100 lb. white cardstock, but regular printer paper will do great too if that’s all you have.
Shop This Halloween Idea
Walmart has an extensive assortment of Halloween decorations to make your trunk or treat the best in the parking lot, but what you really want are the SKITTLES® ORIGINAL FUN SIZE® candy and the Spooky Mix Chocolate Variety Stand-Up Pouch, with 150 pieces. The kids will love the Glow-In-The-Dark wrappers!
Click The Image
To buy SKITTLES® ORIGINAL FUN SIZE® Candy & the Spooky Mix Chocolate Variety Stand-Up Pouch.
More Halloween Ideas
I’ll be sharing new Halloween ideas with free printables every Tuesday for the next three weeks so make sure you stay tuned. And remember to grab my Zombie Bingo Cards before you go. Happy trunk or treating!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through this post I will earn a small fee from the retailer at absolutely no cost to you. They pay me for bringing you to them and I use it to keep the craft room stocked and the coffee pot working! Don’t worry. All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!