Let’s make Christmas Light Cookies! These are so simple and the perfect addition to any Christmas celebration!
I mean, every cookie is better with mini M&Ms, right!
Ingredients For Christmas Light Cookies
These cookies would brighten any holiday gathering and little hands can help decorate them. Here’s what you’ll need and how to make them:
- 4 cups M&M’S
- 1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 16 oz. can vanilla frosting
- 1 14 oz. package red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter
How To Make Christmas Light Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie and place them in the frig for 5-10 minutes. (Chilled cookie dough keeps its form during baking.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Separate different colors of M&M’S, and set aside.
- Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
MORE FUN & EASY CHRISTMAS RECIPES
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through this post I will earn a small fee from the retailer at absolutely no cost to you. They pay me for bringing you to them and I use it to keep the craft room stocked and the coffee pot working! Don’t worry. All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!