Let’s make March Madness Rice Krispies Basketball Treats! These are also great for a basketball team snack, or basketball party favors!
We’re a basketball family. Both of my boys have played since they were five and I have made many of these to take to last games of the season!
Ingredients For Rice Krispies Basketball Treats
- Kellogg’s Rice Krispies Cereal
- Butter ~ for dairy free, use vegan Smart Balance butter
- Pillsbury Orange Funfetti Icing
- Black Icing (use chocolate fudge if no black)
- 3 Clear Resealable Bags
- Wilton Icing Tip
- Icing Coupler or Connector
- Wax Paper
- 4″x6″ Clear Cello Bags
- Optional: 3″ or 4″ Circle Cookie Cutter
How To Make Rice Krispies Basketball Treats
These are super easy to make. I made a video for my Paint Brush Rice Krispies Treats (linked below). Different shape, but same concept!
- Make Rice Krispies Treats – following the recipe on the box, make a batch of Rice Krispies Treats.
- Mold Basketball Shape – while step warm, butter your hands and mold the Rice Krispies Basketball Treats into a 4″ circle. If you have a circle cookie cutter, butter it and form the cereal into it, and pushing it out quickly. Place each on wax paper so they can cool and not stick.
- Prep Icing – place tips and connectors on two bags, spoon orange icing into #4 icing bag and black into the other. Remember to snip off edge of back before adding the metal tip. In third bag, spoon more orange icing. with no tip.
- Ice Basketball Design, Orange – outline each circle with orange. Warm other orange bag (with no tip) in the microwave for 5-6 seconds. Snip off the edge and allow warmed icing to slowly flow onto the circle. Pull the icing to the edges with a toothpick. Allow the Rice Krispies Treats to cool for two hours.
- Ice Basketball Design, Black – using the black icing bag, pipe basketball lines. Use my photos as a guide.
- Set – allow the Rice Krispies Basketball Treats to cool and set for at least 4 hours before you insert them in the cello bags. (Note: I’ll often ice and let them set overnight, to make sure they’re completely dry, before packaging.)
- Packaging – using 4″ cello bags and homemade tags, thank friends for coming to your party, or for a great season!
How To Make Rice Krispies Treats
This is my Paint Brush Rice Krispies Treats video tutorial, but it’s the same idea, just a different shape. Have a look!
I make and share new videos every week on YouTube. I craft, I bake, I make fun foods like these. I’d love for you to subscribe!
More Rice Krispies Treats Ideas
- Paint Brush Rice Krispies Treats
- Monsters Inc “Mike” Rice Krispies Treats
- Carrot Shaped Rice Krispies Treats for Easter
- Football Jersey Pull-A-Part Rice Krispies Treats Cake
- Easter Bunny Rice Krispies Treats
- Valentines Day Rice Krispies Treat Hearts
- Pooh’s Honey Pot Rice Krispies Treats
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through this post I will earn a small fee from the retailer at absolutely no cost to you. They pay me for bringing you to them and I use it to keep the craft room stocked and the coffee pot working! Don’t worry. All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!
March Madness Rice Krispies Basketball Treats seen first on The Celebration Shoppe