Let’s make a s’more treat box with the new Cricut Scoring Wheel, complete with mini pinwheel decorations!
Hosting a summer picnic, or 4th of July celebration? These sweet little open top treat boxes will be perfect for nestling little goodies in to nibble on by the campfire.
I designed these boxes for my paper craft line and this time I left off the top closure, making them easy to overstuff! They’re also the perfect bottom for treats in cello bags. We’ll make some of those in an upcoming post!
Cricut Scoring Wheel
If working with the Cricut Maker, you can use the new scoring wheel! It comes in a single wheel and a double wheel. The double wheel is perfect for clean bends on items made from heavy stocks and even cardboard. For this box, made from lightweight vellum, the single wheel works great.
And if you don’t have a Maker yet, this project can still be done with the Explore and the scoring stylus. I used that sweet little tool for years!
Learn more about the new Cricut Scoring Wheels on the Cricut blog!
Supplies You’ll Need To A Make S’more Treat Box
- Cricut Maker
- or, Cricut Explore with Scoring Stylus
- Scoring Wheel
- Blue Vellum
- Red Vellum
- Glue dots
- Design Space box cut file, part of my Oh My Stars Cricut cartridge
— Make sure you hop over and see all my Cricut cartridges! —
Simple Instructions For Cricut Treat Box
- Size Design – Three boxes, as shown, will fit to a 12×12 sheet, and if you want bigger boxes, shop Cricut.com for their 12×24 sheets!
- Score & Cut Boxes – Using the Maker, follow the prompts and you’ll insert the new Scoring Wheel first, then the normal cutting blade.
- Fold & Glue – The boxes will pull away from the light grip mat easily and folding will be a cinch! Adhere bottom and closing side with glue dots.
- Fill – Package marshmallows and graham crackers in small 4″ cellos, then add mini Hershey bars. The kids, and the grown-ups, will be delighted!
More Summer Party Cricut Craft Ideas
- DIY Patriotic Invitations For Summer BBQs
- 4th of July Cake Topper With Cricut Knife Blade
- 8 4th of July Crafts To Make With Cricut
- Paper Craft 3-D Strawberries & Berry Baskets
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Thank you for supporting my wonderful sponsors. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way! I would never recommend a product to you that I wouldn’t use myself. Oh, and there may be affiliate links in this post, of which we do earn a small fee at no cost to you, and they help me keep the lights on! ;)
Make A S’more Treat Box With Cricut Scoring Tool seen first on The Celebration Shoppe
Linking up to Tip Junkie