Whip up this easy apple-shaped cake for all those back to school celebrations! How much fun would it be to welcome them off the bus the first day with this little cake goodie! You’ll be super mom!
The best part is, it’s just a few simple cuts from a 8×8 square cake and you’re ready to ice.
Ingredients For Apple-Shaped Cake
- 1 (8 x 8″ square) pound cake
- Red tinted icing (I recommend using gel food coloring; other types can make your icing watery)
- Pretzel rod
- Green melting chocolate
- Wax paper
Make Chocolate Transfer Leaves For Apple-Shaped Cake
- Place 5 or 6 melting chocolate wafers in a resealable plastic bag.
- Heat in 8-second intervals until melted.
- Snip corner of bag.
- Pipe leaf shapes on wax paper, flooding the shape with chocolate. Allow to set for 3 to 5 minutes before peeling them off wax paper.
How To Decorate An Apple-Shaped Cake
Trim the cake into the shape of an apple (basically trimming off corners and making a dip at the top and bottom)
- Chill the cake in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Apply a crumb coat. And then ice regularly, pulling the spatula in a vertical pattern.
- Insert ⅓ of a pretzel rod in the top of the cake for the stem.
- Add green chocolate leaves.
More Back To School Ideas
- Simple Apple Cupcakes
- Book Lovers Coffee Mug
- Easy You Rule Teacher Gift
- Personalized Backpack
- Decorate The Mantel With A Burlap Apple Banner – Video
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Thank you for supporting my wonderful sponsors. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way! There may be affiliate links within this post for which we earn a fee if you make a purchase. This fee is paid by the retailer with no expense to you. It helps us keep the lights on!
Back To School A Is For Apple-Shaped Cake seen on The Celebration Shoppe first.