This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
Want to see what the new Cricut tools are? These are all craft room essentials and wow are they pretty!
I’m a sucker for pretty things and I want my craft room to be no different. Let’s go over each tool and why you need it in your life! ;)
5 New Cricut Tools You Need
Cricut is the master of die cutting with their Cricut Explore Air 2 and Cricut Maker, and now they have extended that line to include the perfect and most essential of crafting hand tools.
Here’s a quick look and description of each. If you want to see the rotary blade and acrylic ruler in action, scroll down to my Reverse Canvas video. AND, I’ll be sharing a new video using the other tools next week.
- True Control Knife: With its razor-sharp edge, piercing tip, and superior blade lock system, the Cricut® TrueControl™ Knife gives you better control. You’ll have amazing precision and accuracy when working with cardstock, thin plastics, canvas (like in my video project below), and more. Plus, with the hands-free blade changing system, you’ll never have to touch a blade. What’s more, and a favorite feature of mine, it has a anti-roll design. So no chasing your knife across the craft table!
- Self-Healing Mat: You won’t mind this Cricut Self-Healing Mat hanging from your pegboard, or laying on your craft table. It’s lovely mint pattern makes it an accessory. And just flip it over for creative cutting options with multi-angled grid lines. Easy-to-read numbers on wide 1″ border for use with rotary cutters and precision blades. And of course 12″ x 12″ and 12″ x 24″ reference marks to match Cricut machine mat sizes!
- Rotary Cutter: Fabric projects just got quicker, easier, and much more fun with this 60mm hand-held Cricut rotary cutter. There’s a quick-release button that safely activates the blade and the sliding quick-release blade cover eliminates stray cuts when not in use. The 60 mm rotary blade is made from premium steel and is capable of cutting through multiple layers of thicker materials, including denim, batting, and much more, as well as cotton fabrics, mulberry paper, and other lighter weight materials. Use your rotary cutter with my favorite acrylic ruler!
- 18″ Cutting Ruler: I love the grip strip on the bottom of this ruler. It never moves! You can make fast, clean cuts with a protective safety guard and easy-to-read measurements. 18” aluminum Cricut cutting ruler with stainless steel straightedge. LOVE!
- 3″ x 18″ Acrylic Ruler: This is hands-down my favorite craft ruler. I’ve had one for many many years and they’re perfect for seeing the material under your measurement. The Cricut acrylic ruler has a lovely frosted finish. Plus, measurement marks in 1/8” increments make it easy to account for even the smallest details, while angled lines at 30, 45, and 60 degrees give you an edge at every critical angle.
Watch Cricut Tools In Action
Let’s make a reverse canvas with our Cricut Maker and I’ll show you just how handy these Cricut tools can be! Plus, you can download my “Until God Opens The Next Door Praise Him In The Hallway” cut files for the first week for free!
More Cricut Crafts
- 10 Cricut Tools and Materials and What I Make With Them
- How To Make A Tshirt With Cricut Maker
- Bachelorette Party Invitation With Cricut Maker
- Layer Iron-On With Cricut Maker and EasyPress
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something through this post I will earn a small fee from the retailer at absolutely no cost to you. They pay me for bringing you to them and I use it to keep the craft room stocked and the coffee pot working! Don’t worry. All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!